GEN21 provides API’s and integrates with other key subsystems in the Broadcast environment so as to provide a seamless user operation and avoid the need for double entries and manual data interchange. Major interfaces are as below :
Automation System Interface
- Two-way interfacing (Final Log export/As run Log Import). Support various formats like xml, txt, lst etc
- Provide seamless Play-list generation and Log Reconciliation for Billing
- Real time integration with News Room automation system
- Interface is available for all leading automation systems
- Can provide BXF compliant log to automation
- Supports primary (TC) as well as secondary (NTC) events
- Posting of Accounts Receivable data to any legacy Finance/Accounting systems
- Information to produce Spot Invoice, Tax Invoice & Credit Notes
- Providing back-end Collection control
- Agency Credit Limit tracking based on Outstanding from accounting system
- Posting of Accounts Payable data for Program purchases
- Share content metadata between GEN21 and MAM system via web service
- Capture status of ingest and provide the list of the files or material required to be ingested to or deleted from system
- Web service to import segmentation information directly from MAM into GEN21
- Save time codes and share new time codes when there are content duration changes
- Alerts on Ingestion status and content changes
- All data interchange facilitated through standard XML based exchange formats
- Upload schedule information from Channel Provider to GEN21
- Export Schedule data from GEN21 as an input to EPG systems for PayTV/Cable operations
- Provide configurable file formats for data exchange to manage differences among Satellite channels
- Uploads ad schedule information from GEN21 to Ad Inserter
- Downloads “as-run” data from external file provided by Ad inserter
On Air System
- Export the full day Log with primary (TC) and secondary (NTC) events in XML format
- Import as run log containing Primary and Secondary Events for WOI.
Graphics System provides user-definable templates for creation of Graphical/Text-based content that can be used as Primary/Secondary events in broadcasting. These templates are stored in Graphics server for reference and can be previewed using the APIs‟ provided by Graphics System. The content creation/preview for these Product Ads and Promotions can be done from GEN21 using Graphics templates.
- Create primary and secondary events using GEN21 Interface for Graphics System.
- Preview secondary events created using Graphics System.
- Send secondary event playlist to Graphics System along with the template Id.
- Send the X, Y, Z coordinates to place the graphics to Graphics System.